Monday, January 12, 2015

New Area




Well, this week has flown! Wow is it really already the 12th of Jan?? So I am currently in Talanga! New area!   Last Monday, they made calls and told us who would be leaving the area, but you don't find out where you are going until you get to Tegucigalpa.  It was nice of Bishop to do a small party with the ward and with all of the missionaries Monday night to say goodbye to everyone.  I was so sad to leave La Paz, and I definitely miss it over there.
My new companion, Hermana Castillo is 24 and is from Costa Rica... a Tica as they say.  She is a crack up, and has about 13 months in the mission.  You could definitely say that I have learned SO much here, just in this last week.  Also, President called me Monday to call me as one of the Sister Training Leaders.  We are over 6 companionships of sisters, and will be having interchanges with the sisters 2 times a week.  Our job is to set the example with our area for the sisters, and to help out with any problems in companionships.  haha I definitely feel like I will be learning a lot more from them than they will from me.  I had my first training meeting in Tegucigalpa this week with the ZLs and Presidente, and since they raised the standards of the mission, oh man, we are just working so so hard everyday, to try and reach the standards.  My first day here Hermana Castillo and I put like 3 more baptismal dates,  I wanted to go back to La Paz and put into practice all that I learned here! Talanga is similar to La Paz, just more pueblo.  We live with 2 other hermanas, and our house is big! One is hermana H who came with me from the CCM.  She is the one we met in Provo, haha so that's pretty fun. We do have somewhat of a washing machine though so that is super nice! But the water is definitely colder here, and we shower out of a bucket. :( haha.   Branch Pres here is awesome! Super humble, and super nice!  Our ward mission leader is preparing to go on a mission soon, and is a recent convert, he is awesome and they both work super well with the missionaries.  Hermana Castillo and I were both sick last night, but feeling better this morning.  I'm super excited to be here in Talanga, and can already see it is definitely going to be hard work, but the people here are being prepared to accept this gospel! 
I'm definitely a little nervous being in a new area, and in a new position of the mission, but its all good.  President reminded us all in our meeting this week that there is no time to be discouraged.  We don't have much time here in the mission, and especially in an area, to leave it better than when we came.  If we want different results, we must start doing something different.  

Miss you all! :) 
Love,
Hermana Nichols 

No comments:

Post a Comment