Monday, October 27, 2014

Meet My New Companion

Hey family! aw I miss you all, and love hearing the updates always!! Well what a week... Where to start?! My new companion (my hija) :) se llama Hermana McKrola.  She is from Colorado and is almost 6 ft. tall! haha she is super cute.  We both went to a year of BYU before coming out here, and we both played bball in high school.  She is super athletic, and we have a lot in common.  Oh man, all of my companions have been awesome!
But also this week has been harder than most because we are in a slump of teaching people.  Our investigators that Hermana Garcia and I have put baptism dates with have all fallen through because everyone is worried about jobs here and work a lot, and can't come to church.  Working on those inspiration questions because I know its more about that, but we have taught a lot of only one lessons with people instead of with people who are progressing.  I feel bad, becuase poor Hermana McKrola has come into the mission with no investigators that are progressing right now. :( A lot of changes in our district...  all of the missionaries left for others areas besides me and an other elder.  And they closed one area of sisters in my district.  So Hna McKrola and I are the only sisters in our district. haha but its normal.  Its also crunch time right now for zona flores!!!! Presidente Fortuna talked with our leaders and said that he has to close one zone, and since our zone hasn't had much progress lately after this cambio if there's not more progress,  will have to close our ZONE! yikes.. we are working so hard right now! This means that after our 6 weeks change, if there's not much progress we will all be reassigned to different areas.  Not the end of the world, but keep zone Flores in your prayers that we can find more people and further the work here! Hoping and planning to finish my training with Hermana McKrola here in La Paz in January!! This week we made plans with the leaders of Relief Society, Primary, and YW to help us contact! We are trying to find different ways to find and teach more people! Also, this week still having trouble with our water situation.. haha Juan Chavez is my new best friend via telphone... he is our owner of the apartment, and super grateful he can understand my broken Spanish. haha but everything is fixed now! whoo hoo! I am so grateful for the Lord. This week Ether 12:27 really has come true in my life.  Because Hna McKrola is from the states too, its time for my Spanish skills to pick up. haha but I know the Lord is helping me so much.  I can understand so much better right now! Not everything.. but just enought to know what to say to communicate with people, and this is something that I am so grateful for right now.  Sometimes I doubt myself in being able to do everything that I want to do to fullfill my calling to the fullest, but althought I have been humbled this week, I know the Lord strenthens our weaknesses just enough for us.  He knows us, and He knows what we are capable of.  We just need to put all our trust in Him.We arent perfect, and He knows that.  I know that when we humble ourselves like it says in this scriptures, recognize our weaknesses, and like the Father of President Hinckley said, Forget ourselves and go to work, is when we can accomplish all that He expects of us.  
I miss you all! and am grateful for all I am learning here. 

Love you! 
Hermana Nichols 

this is our genealogy line.. haha she trained the hermana in front.. and then she trained the hermana after.. haha



No comments:

Post a Comment