Monday, September 29, 2014

Updates

Hey fam! Thanks for all the updates! Glad to hear everyone is doing well! :) This week, nothing much new, we finally got E's confirmation completed... oh man, long story about that. haha  My first baptism is a good story. But this week we worked really hard in trying to share the importance of coming to church. Our investigators can't progress without making it to church and this is a big barrier right now.  The people here work on Sundays, becuase its either work on Sunday or no food for the day.  Ah man, I feel so bad, and these circumstances, I don't really know what to say or how to help, but we try to talk about the blessings of when we go to church and keep the Sabbath day holy.  I did use President Gibson's talk in the Liahona of January about the Sabbath day in our lessons... thank you Pres. Gibson!  I like the quote where he says,  "the manner in which we keep the Sabbath day holy is an outward indicator of how we keep our convenants with God" or something along those lines... I definitely felt that I can apply this teaching to my own life too.  But this week I learned that we can't change other people's agency.  Even though I want to so bad, I know that its our job here to only teach and inform our investigators of the gospel and the blessings we can recieve, and then they have to choose.  Today we had an activity with half of the sisters in the mission and Hermana Fortuna, aw she is so great! I love Pres and Sis Fortuna so much.   I can feel their love for us! They are so cute!  President Fortuna talked a little bit about the law of consecration... and what I could understand.. haha I like his quote, "The law of consecration in our lives isnt not keeping anything, but simply giving everything to the Lord." I truly feel humbled here, and know there are things that I can work on better everyday! 

Love you,
Hermana Nichols 

No comments:

Post a Comment