Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Hola de Honduras

Hola Fam!!!  Oh man,  what week.... So we had a meeting with the President and all the new missionaries and our trainers.  I'll just say how grateful I am for my trainer! We are both 19, and both like pretty much the same things. Our only problem is the language barrier.  Oh also, I met Hermana Judd from Lancaster Stake, and also saw my friend from high school last week at zone conference Elder Hafen! It was cool to see a familiar face!  He look tanner and skinnier than last I saw him.  This gives me hope. haha except for the fact that the missionaries here like to joke, and well I think they were joking when they said Im going to go home looking like Queen Latifa. Brown and big. haha I thought it was kind of funny, but  yikes. 
This week my companion and I shed a few tears together.  We had another baptism this week! Unfortunately, when my comp and I went to go get our investigator on Sunday for his confirmation he said he didnt want to go, for various reasons I didnt understand, oh man, I was so frustrated! But I am definitely learning patience here.  After about 45 minutes trying to talk with him, we had to leave.  We have had 2 baptisms and 0 confirmations. Our other investigator wasnt at his house when we went to get him for his confirmation either... oh man, Sunday was a sad day, but I know Im only feeling just a small part of what Christ felt.  Rejected and let down.  Still, I'm grateful for this opporotunity to serve here, and know we just need to pray harder for the people here, and teach with more love and boldness.  It's all we can do.  Grateful for all your prayers! I can definitely feel them. Wish I could write more.  But my Hermana Garcia and I are doing well, except for feeling a little down, but we are good. 
We see little miracles of God each week! Im beginning to understand people better.. so Im grateful for that! miss you all! 
Love you! 
Hermana Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment