Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Last Week in Guatemala

HOLA!!!! :) So let's see where to start... this week has flown!! I leave for Honduras in a week from yesterday! Not sure exactly what time we leave for the airport. So stoked!!!
So I am excited to finally get out  there, but also sad to leave the CCM. I love my teachers here and my district. I miss our old teachers but I have learned SO much in the last week from our new teachers.  It's crazy how much I feel my companions and I have improved on our teaching this last week! The more I learn how to teach the gospel, the more I learn ABOUT the gospel. It's awesome. I really learned this week the principle Teach PEOPLE, not Lessons.  They really stress on asking inspired questions to your investigator so you can find out what their problem is in life, and what is the need.  THEN decide what lesson and gospel principle the investigator needs to hear to bless their lives.  It has taken this long to finally accomplish this in spanish! haha :) and I know I still have a long ways to go!
My teachers told us to study the way Jesus taught. He never gave the answer to people  but made them fishers of men essentially, and helped guide and show them how to find their own answers. He taught in parables and symbollically to help them better apply these important principles in our lives better. So this is something I'm striving to become.
Also, funny story! Mom and Dad do you remember Elder Walton... (stan's nephew) well I remember his mission is where the guatamala CCM is, and I randomly saw him this week! haha we were outside waiting for the new missionaries to arrive and I saw him and his companion outside the gate!! I havent seen  him in like over a year! But I yelled his name and said hi, I tried to go over and talk to him, but the guard wouldnt let me, and I don't know what they were here for because they didn't come inside the gate.
Oh also last pday the reason my time was so short was becasue we went to the big Market in Guatemala! So cool, to get out of the CCM bubble and experience the streets! It made me want to get out to Honduras soooo bad!!
Also, I gave my first talk in Spanish in Sacrament meeting last Sunday! :) It was on Fe en Jesucristo. (Faith in Christ). Hopefully people understood me. lol
Thanks, for all the letters and pics everyone! I totally appreciate them, and is my favorite part of pday... this is my last one here, and hopefully I get to write to you all next week in Honduras!
My teacher gave us a great analogy about how there a many armies that save the lives of their citizens, but we are an army saving souls! how important this work is, because unlike our mortal body, our souls will never die!

Take care this week! :)
Love you,
Hermana Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment