Sunday, July 12, 2015

Updates from Zambrano

HEY! :) I hope everyone had an awesome 4th of July! I kinda forgot that it was 4th of July, until I saw the date in my agenda... haha but I hope you all had a great one, eating that awesome cake with blueberries and strawberries! Super yum :) 

Well last week we said goodbye to Presidente and Hermana Fortuna in changes briefly. :( He didn't want a party or anything to take away from our time working, so I was actually super grateful that I had changes so I could say goodbye to them briefly, before we all got on our busses with the suitcases.  But I will always be super grateful for Presidente and Hermana Fortuna, who always looked after us, and led us.  Presidente Fortuna with his last words told us to build our foundation on Christ, try to be a better person every day, and that the goal is for all of us to meet again in this next life together.  Super nice, everyone was crying.  
But with Presidente Ferman, I hear he is awesome, too.  I hear he is pretty funny, and super cool that he is a convert, so he never served a mission.  We get to meet him in an activity Tuesday! Whoo hoo !

Well in Zambrano, even though everyone loves to tell us that they can't listen to us because they already have their religion, the Lord still helps us find people with broken hearts and contrite spirits. :) 
Hermana H and I were so blessed this last Sunday.  We went with a member Saturday to visit some investigators who live SUPER far.. and we usually take a mototaxi to get there because it is really far.  Well thankfully we went with a member there who pretty much all of her long distant cousins live there, so that helped us out big time.  I was thinking that this would be our last time going to this neighborhood because it is super far, and it takes a lot of time just to get there, and a lot of money to go in mototaxi, but I know now that the Lord has answered our prayers.  We met the member's sister-in-law who just moved to Zambrano from Tegucigalpa, who is a member and who is having a hard time adjusting in a new place.  But she told us she would help us bring our investigators to church this Sunday.  Last Sunday when we went to get everyone not one person who had said they would come, came.  My companion was SUPER SAD. but well this week this member walked with our investigators from El Espino (where they live) to church with them.  IT is one hour and a half walking to the church! WOW, we were super grateful for her and her help, and am super impressed for our investigators who sacrificed! Not one of them complained, either.   I know that Heavenly Father answered our prayers this week, becuause we didn't know if it was worth it to keep working in this area, but I know now that we stil have work to do there :) 

Time is almost up and I want to send pics... 
But I love you all! And hope you can keep in your prayers S and D and Sa.  They are who we will be working with to accept a date for baptism who walked so far. 


Love you! 
Hermana Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment